The KitVes consortium is fully committed to promoting gender equality and
encouraging full contribution of women at all levels
- Women are well-represented on the steering committee and executive boards;
- there is a gender representative on the board and gender and diversity are raised
as action points at every meeting.
- An email list will be set up to promote networking events and relevant information.
- A confidential point-of-contact will be maintained for anyone wishing to raise discrimination
- Women’s events are organised at consortium meetings.
The consortium is developing a Gender Action Plan to:
- Encourage female researchers to participate in project research and strive to retain
- Carry out a wide program of dissemination and mentoring to encourage women to take
science and technology subjects at school.
- Raise awareness of gender issues at management level to ensure women are adequately
represented at all levels and in decision-making activities.
- Encourage networking and maintains links with groups and organisations that encourage
the participation of women in science and technology and deal with gender mainstreaming.
- Collect gender-related statistics to monitor the number of women who participate
in various roles throughout the life of the project and the gender of successful
For help or information on diversity issues please contact Dr Sarah Kleeman on email@example.com